Welcome to the dietandcancer.co.uk website.
The information provided by dietandcancer.co.uk is intended to be helpful whether you wish to explore current thinking around diet and health, have a family link to the health conditions discussed, or if something else has prompted your interest.
This website is not to be used as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment of any health condition or problem.
Any questions regarding your own health should be addressed to your doctor or other health care professional, whose advice you should take before making any decisions about health care.
We cannot assume any risk for your use of this website or the information contained herein.
Conditions of Use
CONDITIONS OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE
In these conditions, “we” or “us” means dietandcancer.co.uk, “You” means the person reading these terms, and “our” and “your” shall be construed accordingly.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only and is to be used solely by persons who access it from within the UK. English is the only language offered on this website for conclusion of contracts.
2. This website and its content, our conditions of use and our terms & conditions of sale are all subject to change without notice and changes will apply to any subsequent orders received.
3. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that the information and materials on this website may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. We make no warranty that our website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through our website.
4. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. In the event we are held liable for any loss or damage, you agree that we will not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage which may arise from your use of our website for any purposes or from reliance on any part of it.
5. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
6. All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website. You do not have permission to use these trademarks and any use thereof may infringe the holder’s rights.
7. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
8. From time to time this website may also include links to other webites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
9. You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
1 This website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the website and any transactions conducted on or through the website.
2 If any part of these conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that part shall be deemed to be severable from these conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of these conditions.
3 Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of this website is subject to the laws of England and Wales and you agree to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
You can browse the dietandcancer.co.uk website without registering. However, you may need to register if you wish to receive material offered through the website at any time.
Registration is free. You do not need to enter your credit card details to register.
To register you must be 18 years old or older. Deliveries will only be made to persons who are over the age of 18.
You will be asked to enter your name, e-mail and a few other personal details, please see Privacy page for use of your details. You only need to enter your full details when you are registering. Completing the registration process only takes a few minutes and creates your personal account.
If you decide to register with the dietandcancer.co.uk website, take care of your account by never sharing your user details with anyone, and selecting a password unique to this site.
Each registration is for a single user only. You should not share your user name and password with any other person, or with multiple users on a network.
If you suspect that your account is being accessed by a third-party, please contact us immediately by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can unsubscribe at any time by email@example.com. from the e-mail address registered and add ‘Unsubscribe’ to the title line.
By registering you warrant that the personal information you are required to provide as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. Should any of the information you provide change, you can amend it by updating your account profile online.
Information we collect from you and how we use it
When you visit, register or place an order with us, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself. This information will allow us to process and fulfill your orders. Should you request a brochure or any other information from us, we will also ask for your details if required.
From time to time we may also collect information about your usage of our website, as well as information about you from messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
This information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our website and future websites we may make available and to supply the goods or services you have requested. We will also use and analyse the collected information to administer, support, improve and develop our business.
We may use other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as analyzing data and carrying out market research. We will only disclose your information to the extent needed to deliver the services required.
We may use your information to contact you for your views on our services, as well as to occasionally notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services. Furthermore, we may also use your information to let you know about our other services which may be of interest to you. Depending on your elected means of communication, we may contact you by post, telephone or e-mail. If you decide that you do not want to receive any further communications from dietandcancer.co.uk, please let us know by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Cookies are small amounts of information which are automatically set by our website on your computer. They are generally used to remember the choices you make while on the site and are harmless to your computer system.
Unless you have specifically refused to accept cookies when disclosing your details to us, our system will automatically issue one or more cookies to your computer when you log on and use this website. Should you elect to set your computer to not accept cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on this website.
How we secure customer information
This website complies with the terms of the Data Protection Act. We make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality, including using Secure Socket Server and encrypting all entered data.